Great Oak Common House plans
From: Juniperjojo (Juniperjojoaol.com)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 05:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
Chris,

Our architects were Katie McCamant and Chuck Durrett.  Katie did the Common
House drawings.  Unfortunately they're not posted anywhere on our website.  I
can probably get hold of them and fax a copy if you're really interested.  Let
me know.

In answer to the other Tectum/soundproofing questions, regarding costs, we
really did spend $10,000 on the Tectum as far as I know.  I'll look into it
further but that's the number that sticks in my head.  That's certainly what we
budgeted, though it's possible we ended up doing it for slightly less.

And as for objections about the texture, I agree that it's not the most
beautiful stuff in the world up close.  But 10-18 feet above the floor, you
hardly notice it.  I don't think anyone has commented negatively on our
ceiling.  Because it is entirely trimmed out in cedar, the Tectum itself is
hardly noticeable.

Jenny Cook
Great Oak Cohousing
Ann Arbor, Michigan