Re: house materials: gutters, snowstops, doorknobs...
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 13:45:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all-

I used to live in Eno Commons in Durham, NC (same neighborhood as Robert
Heinich - Hi, Robert!).  Our metal-roofed house was clear of the trees and we
didn't really need gutter guards.  However, after a heavy snowfall one year,
the
snow pack sliding off the south-facing roof did damage the gutter there.

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where a twenty-screen theater just opened within walking distance - just
around the corner from the American Film Institute and down a side street from
an
outdoor performance space with a mosaic fountain.  With a billiard hall
coming across the way.  I think I know where my teenager will be. . ."