Guest Rooms
From: Mike Swettenam (mikeswoakcreekcommons.org)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Again-

More advice needed---this time on guest rooms.

We have two guest rooms in our common house and a community of 36
households---from one to four bedroom.

Questions we have:

Do you charge for use of your guest rooms?  If so how much?  Does this have
to be done as a donation to avoid problems with income to the HOA from other
than dues?  How do you handle the money if it doesn't go through the HOA?

Is there a difference in what you charge the guest of a resident as opposed
to an "interested other" who wants to visit and stay the night in your
community?

How do you schedule the use of the guest rooms?

Are there limits on length of stay?  If so, what are they?

Are households allotted a certain amount of guest room use each year?

How do you handle having times when households wanting to book a guest room
exceed the rooms available?  Is it first come first served?  Do you give
priority to households who haven't used the guest room as much?

Thanks for your input!

Nancy Scott &
Michael Swettenam
Oak Creek Commons Cohousing