Deciding to join a community [was: Questions ... from a new list member
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:15:05 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Laura Jones wrote:

> What is the best way to get a feel for how a particular co-housing
> community works on a day-to-day level as an outsider looking in?

After visiting communities to get a preliminary feel for them, I suggest
considering staying in their guest room for a few days even if it is
within a short distance from your own bed. There is indeed a big
difference between a brief visit and living there.  A longer visit might
help.

Fred

Communications for Justice - My new listserv org.       UU, Linux
My Link Page: http://fholson.cohousing.org       Ham radio:WB0YQM
fholson at cohousing.org   612-588-9532   (7am-10pm Central time)