Re: ithaca eco-villiage car-share
From: Stephan Wik (stephananu.net)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:13:08 -0800 (PST)

On 26 Feb 2005, at 19:53, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

If any of you on the list-serv are members of a car-share i am
requesting that you please contact me with any helpful information.

http://www.lebensgarten.de/ (in German) have been running a car-pool with four or five cars for many years (including a solar car which we used a lot for small trips to the shop). You pay 500 Euros deposit to join and .19 Euros/km (includes petrol). The solar car cost was 15 Euros/month with no km charge but only did 50km/hr and had a max range of about 30km between charges. I think the performance has improved a lot since Joachim put in new batteries a few months ago.

Contact me directly and if you're interested and I'll see if I can find a contact for you if you need more info. It would help if you spoke German although there are some English speakers there.

Stephan (former Lebensgarten member)
Leuven, Belgium