Re: Re: Questions re senior cohousing
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:07:40 -0800 (PST)
Hi all-

Following up on Robin Alexander's posting about noise issues where he said:
"Our house is very near the common house and we do hear the basketball
bouncing, but the bedroom is in the back and is one of the quietest bedrooms
I've
ever had. Luck of the design, I guess."

I was on the design team for the house design Robin is living in and I can
tell you the noise reduction was not just luck.  The group  members and our
developer, Sherri Zann-Rosenthal, focused hard on making sure  homes and
bedrooms
would be as quiet as possible.  We all had different  reasons -- mine were
definitely related to attenuating kid noise.  In fact,  we did such a good job
that I know some parents in Eno Commons who don't use the  downstairs master
bedroom in the larger house design because they cannot hear  their kids in the
night.  So they sleep in one of the upstairs bedrooms  instead.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
Where we are entering a stage of dealing with one of the dreaded "p" issues
(progeny) while doing our first we-live-here-now budget. Why do issues always
want to travel in packs?"