Re: Re: Questions re senior cohousing
From: normangauss (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:08:55 -0800 (PST)
In our community, the preponderance time and attention donated to community
affairs comes from our senior members.  They have the most time available
for this activity.  The younger ones are very busy raising families or have
full-time jobs and just don't have left-over time and resources to give.

The scenario painted of all seniors aging and becoming more dependent
simultaneously is not realistic.  There are younger seniors and there are
older seniors.
Some seniors are vigorous and others are not.  Sometimes, an older senior
can help another older senior if one is more able to render assistance.

I don't buy this simplistic projection of all seniors becoming dependent at
the same time.  Some will never be dependent even at an advanced age.  It
all depends.

Norm Gauss