Re: Latest on Community-wide data systems
From: Dameron Midgette (dameronbody-knowledge.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:48:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi all!
We're looking for the other way through this at Two Echo here in Maine. (27 Lots, rural woods siting, lot-developed) I've heard the headaches of wireless, and the possible cost of wiring a mostly-completed lot-developed community (with underground utilities) scares me. We're *not* wired as a community, except for what the cable and phone companies bring in. Unless there are ways to wire us without breaking the bank, the best solution seems to be group purchasing thru our local broadband(cable) company. I've traded emails with one person about this already. Anybody have other ideas or options, tips, suggestions? Experience with wiring and costs after development? I'm also curious if there's a standard practice group/condo discount. I'd love some prior art, to clarify my thinking before rolling out proposals, calling them and trying to get a good deal. Thanks for your help!

        Cheers,

        Dameron