Fwd: ABC seeks famlies who practice voluntarily simple lifestyles!
From: Marta Vanegas, Concordia Organizer (adminconcordiacohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:55:13 -0700 (PDT)
I got a good giggle out of this:

Subject: ABC seeks famlies who practice voluntarily simple lifestyles!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm a Casting Producer with ABC Television and we're looking to feature
families who live by the "voluntary simplicity" philosophy - families who feel
that all of the excess technology and "stuff" is unnecessary - families who
keep it simple and don't get involved with the craziness of the outside world.
We seek that very unique, distinct, fascinating approach to life - a philosophy
that perhaps others might not have considered...a philosophy that other
families could benefit from! I know that your community encompasses the ideals
we're looking for - those great folks that spend true quality time with each
other and don't rely on tv, video games, or other electronics to entertain
their children 24/7. I feel that you could be a great example for other
families and would love to speak with anyone outspoken, outgoing, and
passionate about their beliefs and their lifestyle.

We're currently casting for ABC's hit family show, 'Wife Swap!' Please don't be
confused by the title - "Wife Swap" is a family show on ABC primetime. The
premise is simple: two moms from two very different families get the
opportunity to swap lives (but not bedrooms - everyone has their own!) for a
week to experience what it's like to live a different lifestyle - and to see
what they can teach each other about their own! In this case we're looking to
feature families who feel that happiness doesn't revolve around having the
latest gadget, fastest car, or the biggest bank account. I would greatly
appreciate you forwarding my information on to any of your friends, neighbors,
colleagues, and family members who might be interested in sharing their lives
with us for a week!

All featured families will receive a $20,000 financial honorarium as a
thank-you for their time - and $1000 goes to anyone who refers a family that
makes it on the show! We are looking for two parent families with children
(ages 5 and older) who are ready for adventure! I appreciate your assistance in
reaching out to these great families and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best,

Heather Teta
Casting Associate Producer
ABC Television / RDF Media
212-404-1428
Heather.Teta [at] rdfusa.com

Marta R. Vanegas
Community Organizer
Concordia Cohousing
admin [at] concordiacohousing.org
www.concordiacohousing.org

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

Cohousing - Building an Old Fashioned Neighborhood in a New Way