Re: Help Selling Units
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:00:06 -0800 (PST)
The Cohousing Assocation (Coho/US) is eager to work with people who want to
set up regional cohousing organizations.

Some of us are already actively doing regional organizing.

Mid-Atlantic Cohousing:
http://www.cohomac.org/

Northwest Intentional Communities Assoc:
http://www.ic.org/nica/

East Bay Cohousing:
http://www.ebcoho.org/

Some regional organizers will meet to work this topic at the NC conference
in July. I'm heading up this effort on behalf of the Coho/US board...

I think the real power will come from us working together to figure out how
to collaborate effectively, rather than creating highly redundant online
resources. As we think about this, we might ask ourselves about the core
competencies of national vs. regional orgs and how we can
leverage/coordinate work on the different levels.

Note: I am currently putting almost all of my Coho/US energy into helping
the National Assoc. get its own online act together. I won't focus on
supporting regional efforts much until after the Natl Cohousing Conference,
which I think of as the Kick-Off of the Coho/US Regional Networking effort.

Craig, Coho/US Board member