Re: Feedback Requested Cohousing Plan
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
    As some one who did exactly that, joined an
existing cohousing community 3 years after move in
this proposal still feels very different to me.  I
joined a functioning community that had a proven
commitment to joint decision making and felt able to
be heard and affect policy going forward.  This
doesn't seem to offer that explicitly and having had
experience years ago of moving in to what was
supposedly a "community" but actually was a house
belonging to one member who ultimately called the
shots when push came to shove I'd be leery of joining
another such a "community".
                Bonnie Fergusson
                Swan's Cohousing
                Oakland, CA