Re: seeking input on membership structure
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:13:04 -0700 (PDT)
Jonnie,
We at Caer Coburn, LLC are seeking members and we are in the preliminary design stages of the property.

We do not own the property, however, we do have an option on it. The owner of the land is the one required to do all the necessary work to fulfill the requirements of the State of Vermont and the Town of Rockingham before he can subdivide the property and sell it, which is why we have an option at this point rather than a deed.

We are reimbursing him for the expenses involved with the process and if the project doesn't fly, he will pay us back. he must present us with a bill and supporting documentation before he gets his money and the bills have to relate to Caer Coburn Expenses.

If you would like to find out how we are structuring membership levels and rules, membership fees, and review the option agreement with the landowner, it is all online at our web site: http://www.caercoburn.org.

Caer Coburn is not involved in building the houses, we are only supplying the land. each member is responsible for designing and building their own home with guidelines from the Design Committee, so they can also build according to what they can afford. We are all committed to having energy efficient homes that will reflect either traditional new England Houses or fit into the landscape. The State of Vermont also mandates energy efficient building to qualify for the permits and that will also be something we have to follow when we build, as well as following the zoning regulations for the town.

We are in the process of working out our HOA, but we are also guided by the HOA of the overall property- our 100-125 acres is a part of 800+ acres and some of it has been sold already.

Good Luck.

Jonnie Pekelny wrote:

--
Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954