New York State CoHousing
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:44:35 -0800 (PST)
Dear All,

Welcome to new [to us] forming Albany community. There was a group up that way in formation years ago, back when we were still in development, maybe 10 yrs ago.... Albany/Schenectedy area, apparently they had a beautiful pice of land with streams; we've wondered what happened to those folks. Also, there was a group in Old Chatham [or one of the Chathams] and one of the members ended up living on that property. Maybe you'll find the trail of those folks, may still be interested.

As far as Jen's original query, Cantines Island CoHousing is in Saugerties, in Ulster County, NY. Been here almost nine years. We are 15 households, we have an Open House once a month [next: Dec. 2nd, 2:30PM] two building place available. We've referred folks to the Rosendale/Stone Ridge group, and look forward to hearing what name they choose!

Best of luck!
Ruth