Re: Looking for advice on terms with developer
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:52:21 -0800 (PST)
Sharon,
You bring up valid concerns, which would also apply to any developer we get involved with.

I would recommend that whether the person is for "profit" or "non-profit," they should be checked out with references, Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, and go talk to residents of past developments and get their experiences, both recent and older projects, that way you will find out what happened right after the project was built and what developed over time. they will also know what happened with their neighbors as well.

I would also have your lawyer draw up the contracts between the group and the development- don't be quick to sign a "standard" contract presented by the developer.