Re: cohousing and career change
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:19:24 -0800 (PST)
Hi Andrew,
I am in the process of using some of the marketing and event planning skills I learned during the cohousing development process to start a new career in meeting and event management. I have enrolled in a certificate program at Northeastern University and I have also joined MPI (Meeting Professionals International) and ISES (International Special Events Society) as a student member. I'm not at the point yet where I've been able to parlay this into a new career but I'm well on my way. Also, the learning experience that you go through in terms of how to communicate better; how to resolve conflicts more effectively and how to run meetings more efficiently is well worth it in just about any career setting.

--Diane(:^]
marketing facilitator
jp cohousing  617-522-2209
Box 300420 boston ma
http://www.jpcohousing.org
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."