Re: guidlines on consensus acceptance - communities movement
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:03:25 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 29, 2006, at 10:27 AM, Tree Bressen wrote:

Hey now!  The rules and administration of that particular list (for new
communities starting up) that you cite seem rather peculiar to me too, and i doubt the list will have a long life. But please don't take that list vs. Coho-L as a valid comparison of cohousing vs. the broader intentional communities movement--it's not fair to pick out one offputting example to
discredit a vast set of communities.

It wasn't my intention to discredit a vast set of communities but to offer an extreme in my view, but not in theirs, example of the kind of rule ladened "building of community" that may account for the lack of a general list on intentional communities. Perhaps it is because when the intention is to create very focused and thus narrow communities that a broader discussion is difficult.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC