Re: Shared Unit design
From: VAN DEIST (vandeistmsn.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 06:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Diana - Greetings from sunny Florida.  I'm checking with my associate to see
how he would be willing to make schematics of our design available and will let
you know as soon as I work it out with him. My "Caregiver Cottage" is based
upon a B&B model that pays particular attention to private and communal spaces.
 Its 4 BR suites each with private sundeck/entrances are large enough to
include a kitchenette if allowed by zoning.  They do not open into a common
room (an arrangement which I, personally, have experienced and do not
recommend).  There's a gourmet kitchen in the design, but I guess, that that
could be changed if each unit had kitchenettes.  My original concept was for a
shared residence with one common kitchen.

My Caregiver Cottage business is separate from my effort in elder cohousing.
That cohousing project needs a developer to build a local group 13, detached
cottages plus a common house.  It's coming right along.  These cottages are
more narrow that my 2 BR, 2 BA Caregiver Cottage and are giving me some problem
trying to fit 2 master BR's.  I might have to settle for 1 master bedroom plus
a den/guest room and second BA.  I'm eager to see what develops.
.....Van.....   941.408.7440