Board Structure
From: Megan Cain (megantwobicycles.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:13:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Folks-

I am new to this list and new to cohousing. I recently moved into Troy Gardens Cohousing community in Madison, WI. I have been elected to the board and last night was our first meeting. We started to discuss our board structure and realized that our by-laws set up a very traditional board with President, VP, etc. We are interested in possibly having a more cooperative model. Maybe co-chairs with rotating duties such as facilitation, notetaking, agenda planning etc. We have scheduled a special meeting next week to discuss our structure. I am interested in hearing from folks out there who have experience with more cooperative models of boards and would welcome suggestions of things to think about as we begin the process of inventing ourselves!

Thanks!

Megan

Megan Cain
Assistant Tour Director

Two Bicycles and a Map, Ltd. / Bike Wisconsin®
PO Box 3142, Madison, WI 53704
Direct: 608.843.9412 Fax: 608.441.5085
www.bikewisconsin.com
GRABAAWR©