Re: Getting rid of electric parasites
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:28:34 -0700 (PDT)
Let me know what responses you get.

----- Original Message ----- From: <dahako [at] aol.com>
To: <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 10:50 AM
Subject: [C-L]_ Getting rid of electric parasites

 Hi all-

One of my tech-y brothers-in-law recently asked me if any cohousers have figured out how to set up a community solar charging operation for cell phones, rechargeable batteries, laptops, etc, so we can get rid of the chargers we all have plugged into our wall sockets. He's using a Solio for his cell phone and is working on getting some small panels for some of his work computers.

I know the Treehugger blog I read has been on a tear about the environmental and financial costs of these electric parasites. Anyone been thinking about this? Doing something? Ideas?

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where we have a house concert tonight. Yay!"