Re: 50+ and affordable
From: Lia Olson (liajosbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:25:31 -0700 (PDT)
I hadn't yet gotten around to responding, but this is a topic dear to my heart.
 I want to retire and live in co-housing, but I won't have equity for a
down-payment and won't have anywhere near the income needed to buy into most
existing cohousing communities.   Which doesn't mean that I won't have a solid
pension and financial stability.  There must be a way for responsible folks
crafting a third act to their lives to create a viable community.

I prefer remaining on this list.  As it is, I read only those posts with title
that reflects my interests.  That means that the plethora of topics that come
up on the main list does not have to daunt anyone with specific concerns.   At
the same time, there's a wealth of knowledge here that we ought to tap.  I like
being part of the larger movement toward creating community and not splitting
off as tho we were a very limited special interest group.   If we had a
concrete plan that needed discussing, it might make sense, but while seeking
fellow travellers and soliciting guidance from more seasoned forerunners, it's
good to be here.

That doesn't mean that we might not want to seek out some private
correspondences, such as happens around almost any topic.  There's room for
both.

I hope to see this topic grow and inspire meaningful discussion.

Lia