Re: How to develop a group for 50+ without family,
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon,
Thanks for the recommendation and the good point about Visions and Values.

You make a good point about having clear goals and values from the outset for other reasons as well: 1. It reminds the group what we are about and what we want to achieve. It has happened that in our discussions, mebers have either quoted the pertinent vision or value to keep us on track with what we were trying to accomplish with our discussion.

2. It will help interested parties to "self-select" themselves as they can decide if we fit what they are looking for and do they want to be a part of it-along with the other factors like cost, location, personalities, etc.

3. It will help us decide if someone would fit when prospective members want to join us.