50+ and Affordable
From: Robert Silvers (compassionateguideyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:34:53 -0700 (PDT)
I've been following this discussion, and I wanted to let people know about Silver Sage Village. Our community is located in north Boulder and we are planning a September move-in. We are a "50 and better" cohousing community, with residents ranging in age from 50 to 70-- there's a pretty equal distribution of people in their 50s and 60s. We have a total of 16 units and a GREAT group of people so far. We are a Wonderland Hill community and are "built green" (including solar hot-water, high-R insulation and framing, etc.).

We currently have two affordable and two market-rate units available. The affordable units are 860 sq ft, and are priced just under $120,000 (they fall under City of Boulder affordable guidelines). The market-rate units are about 2100 sq ft (about half of that is finished space), and are priced in the $500,000 range (our housing market is more comparable to California or urban East Coast locations).

For those who don't know, Boulder is a beautiful, sunny city at the foot of the Rockies (we have about 250 sunny days a year). And while it can get cold, our average high temperature in January is 46 degrees. Boulder has lots of culture, great outdoor opportunities, restaurants, and so on--it's a great place to live!

In any case, for those who are interested in 50+ cohousing with an exceptional group of people, please consider us! The website is www.silversagevillage.com; if you have any questions, please contact Sharon Tuck at Wonderland (303-449-3232 x 203), or feel free to e- mail me (compassionateguide [at] yahoo.com).

--Robert Silvers, a soon-to-be Silver Sage resident