Re: 50+ and affordable
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
Cindy,

Cindy T wrote:
That is an excellent point. Caer Coburn is still recruiting members and we aren't making too many rules at this point because we want all of >the members to be a part of the creation process, not just the few of us at the beginning.

I would have some concerns about living in a place with lots of snow and ice as I get older.
I can get that, one would just have to plan for it and take care of your environment, like making sure that everything is plowed, sanded, or salted, which the town and state do on the roads and sidewalks. When you do have snow on a regular basis, folks know how to deal with it. We are already resolving these issues for ourselves on our private roads and driveways. One does have to be be careful about walking around, but that would be true wherever you lived when you got older-my Mother, who lived in FL, fell and broke her hip a couple of times within her apartment, so it can happen anywhere.

there are lots of folks that are older living in VT very happily.

I should also mention that we didn't get snow last winter until the end of January, when it also got cold. It was in the 70's when we had our property tour and meeting on Jan. 2. Who said there is no such thing as global warming!<grin>
Otherwise this place looks nice.
Thanks, please come visit.

Cindy T

Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Project Director
Caer Coburn, a traditional village based upon cohousing  and intentional
communities in
Rockingham, Vermont, USA
http://www.caercoburn.org
Mail to: