50+ and affordable
From: Ellen Manko (IntoGrowingsbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:12:15 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Folks,
Affordable is relative depending on where you live. I live in Santa Cruz, Ca. where the median priced house is $725,000. If I could build in this county with like minded folks in a supportive community splitting the costs I would be a happy camper. I estimate that it might well be possible to build an 1100 to 1300 sq foot modular home with green technology for under $300,000 each. Go to www.glidehouse.com and check out Michelle Kaufman Designs. Take the virtual tour. Check out the section that says "mass production." Her Glidehouse was featured as the Sunset demonstration house in 2004 and there is a complete article in Sunset magazine, August 2004. Anyone interested in pursuing land search in Santa Cruz county with me? Go to www.donnerland.com for some beautiful sites. Anyone with savvy (particularly how to navigate the county system) and interest please respond. Thanx, Ellen