superbia!
From: mrbouchez06 (mrbouchez06aol.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:51:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi to all!
I had asked several months ago  about retrofitting a community for co-housing
and had several replies but not  much.

Since then, I've been studying  various books, including Superbia! and have
tailored some concepts to ideas  I have been brewing.   My ideas have actually
captured the interest of  some visionaries within the county government and I
will be meeting with  them shortly.

I have been making a list of  the benefits of a retrofit common house both to
the immediate community as well  to the community at large. (i.e. the county
itself).  How such a concept  has worked/not worked etc by any in the know
would be beneficial as  well.  My concept would not necessarily involve people
buying here to live  in community but people already living here embracing the
concept of intentional  community and providing the means to facilitate that.

Any input from anyone?   Build on the brainstorming or actually have
real-life experience?

Hope to hear from some of  you!

tricia