Re: Enclosed "street" between homes
From: luk jonckheere (L.Jonckheerescarlet.be)
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 15:47:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm just catching up on the cohousing mailing list.
Recently I gathered some documentation about covered streets in cohousing.
There are several Danish cohousing communities, a few Canadian and some in Netherland (2 of them senior communities), one in Austria. In the us I only found cohousing with covered walkways.

It goes from glass covered streets (protecting from cold and wind) to open but covered walkways (keeping you dry from the rain).
Find pictures at :
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lukjonckheere/CohousingCoveredStreet
(most of them gathered on the internet, so don't use them for commercial purpose)

Kind regards,
Luk Jonckheere
cohousing 'La Grande Cense', Belgium
(where construction has begun and move in is planned spring 2010)