Re: Work or Pay Systems
From: Kay Wilson Fisk (kwwilsonbartcommunity.org)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:10:28 -0700 (PDT)
>>> Oak Creek Commons has a work share program that allows adult residents
to either work 8 hours per month or pay $32.

It appears that there are two kinds of work share requirements:

1) X hours/month/MEMBER; and
2) x hours/month/HOUSEHOLD

We are debating which system to use. For example, it appears that, where the
pay requirement is $32, this would be calculated as follows:

1) X hours/month/MEMBER -- or $32/MEMBER
2) x hours/month/HOUSEHOLD -- or $32/HOUSEHOLD

A per member fee would hardly be fair to a household of 2-3 adults compared
to a per household fee, and visa versa.

How does this work in practice?

Kay
Bartimaeus Cohousing Community (where we currently have one 3-bedroom unit
for sale)
www.bartcommunity.org