bequest from individual to a community
From: Sally Wright (shwrightsbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:21:15 -0700 (PDT)
Has anyone had experience with a community member bequeathing his/her home
to their community when they die?

There's no rush -- :-) -- but our executive committee has been approached by
a community member who would like to bequeath his/her unit to the community.

There are two challenges:

-         What does the individual need to do?

-         What does the community need to do to ensure an orderly transfer?

We are focusing on the latter question.

If you've had experience with such a bequest - or if you have relevant
knowledge, I'd appreciate your sharing it.

Feel free to contact me privately if you prefer.

Sally Wright

Pleasant Hill Cohousing

Pleasant Hill, CA

Shwright- at - sbcglobal.net