Re: Straw Bale Homes & SIPs
From: John Faust (wjfaustgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
One of the best references on green building I have found is "Green From the
Ground Up" by David Johnston and Scott Gibson. It was published in March of
this year. It is quite detailed for a book that covers most all aspects of
home construction. And that is a key. It looks at a building from a systems
point of view--not dominated by a single aspect of the building.

It touches on straw bale, rammed earth, adobe, SIPs, advanced framing but
not ICFs or Rastra.