Re: Need some data - Pam in Fresno
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:58:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Pam (did you mean to cc:-Coho-L? - if not, why don't you reply off-list),

I do not have any actual data on that - maybe one of the academics on Coho-L
does?

I have opinions and anecdotal observations, but others have visited a lot
more communities than I have to date.

Raines Cohen and Joani Blank immediately come to mind

Craig

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Pam Rank <pamrank [at]
fresnocohousing.org>wrote:

> Hi Craig -
> Thanks for uploading the conference from the other day - found much of the
> conversation verry useful.
>
> I am looking for some data today & wondering if perhaps you can point me in
> the right direction.
>
> Any surveys or data collected that you are aware of which specifically
> addresses how cohousers access information? What I mean specifically is -
> I've been told that most cohousers do not own nor watch television, if this
> is true television advertising does not seem a smart outreach strategy.
> However, a non-scientific study of the Fresno cohousers would indicate that
> while a small percentage of the community do not indeed have TV - the
> majority do and in fact watch mainstream TV... So, I'm wondering if you are
> aware of any data that has been collected on the "habits" of persons that
> move into cohousing which might be useful to our ongoing outreach strategy.
>
> Thanks for your assistance! Pam.
>
> --
Craig Ragland

Coho/US executive director
http://www.cohousing.org
craig [at] cohousing.org

Please try email first, include your phone number (w/time zone) - or give me
a call: 425-487-3550 (Pacific)... communicate!