our own insurance
From: Elph Morgan (elphic.org)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:50:31 -0700 (PDT)
I've just had a run-in with our insurance company that got me thinking that
there has to be a better way.

I'll spare you the inane, bureaucratic, lacking in any measure of common
sense story and move straight to the question: Has anyone looked at what it
would take to insure ourselves for general catastrophic and liability?

I'm interested in looking into it. In my brief research it seems to have
some potential. I think we could create a viable business that could meet
our needs, reduce our costs, provide even better service, and do it in a way
that did not increase our risk.

Anyone want to throw fuel or water on my fire? What do you think?

-elph
Great Oak Cohousing
Ann Arbor Michigan
http://gocoho.org/