Re: Question about Common Meals - Cooking for Celiacs
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:27:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Tim Mensch wrote:

Not always possible, if you take into account dietary preferences. I've
lived in a community that both had vegans who wouldn't eat at a meal
where meat was served, and meat-and-potatoes types who would hate eating
all-vegan, all the time.

Do other people see the political bent to this. Choosing to not eat something, for whatever reason, seems to be quite different than refusing to attend a dinner.

From a dietary restriction standpont, I don't see a reason for all dishes
to be edible by all attendees as long as a good meal can be had by all attendees. I suspect this may take some education.

Before someone jumps on me, this does not mean that serious life threatening allergies should be ignored. Those sorts of issues are a good reason to ban certain foods from the kitchen.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.