July 31. Aging in Cohousing (David Entin)
From: Monty Berman (mberman116hotmail.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 08:00:35 -0700 (PDT)
On the topic of Aging in CoHousing, Cohousing-L Digest, Aug. 1, '09, Vol 67,
Issue 1, I guess this is happening to me. Started as a founding member of
EcoVillage at Ithaca in 1996 and have, not surprisingly, grown older here. I
write mainly to share with you all that the two outstanding experiences in my
last couple of decades have been the two birthday celebrations I held here: the
first in Jan. of 2004, my 75th, and the other more recently, my 80th, in Jan.
'09.
     I used to wait for others to initiate my birthday celebrations but, beyond
the ones my mother did for me as a young child, this rarely happened. So, these
two opportunities for me to express my talents in workshop design have resulted
in two absolutely soul-satisfying party experiences---and I have the
scrap-books to prove it (put together by a couple of the participants.)

Monty Berman  EcoVillage at Ithaca, NY