Re: Birthdays
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 10:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
On the fuller months, we've had as many as 3 birthday nights - but
then we also have lots of common meals, with 5 per week. Another part
of our increasingly rich (grin) tradition is to try and serve whatever
dessert the birthday person requests... but over the years our
fabulous dessert cooks have begun to push back a little when the
request is too exotic, e.g., I think we've only had Baked Alaska 2-3
times over the years. We (almost) always meet the various dietary
needs for everyone, which means that sorbet is usually served in
addition to the main attractions.

My personal fav. is ice cream cake, which is pretty easy made if you
start with commercial ice cream.