Re: Birthdays
From: Maggi (librarymaggigmail.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
I don't think we have any months with no birthdays, but we have a pretty big community (over 30 households).

We celebrate once a month at common meal. One of our jobs is a person who keeps track of how people are doing in the community, emotional & physical health as well as birthdays and other special days, called Touchstone Cares. That person prepares a mini-celebration -- mostly just listing names on a big piece of paper -- and we buy a cake and sing to everyone whose birthday it is. They also email the list out to the community as a reminder. It is sufficient.

The kids often have little celebrations in the common house, provided by parents -- like a cake and ice cream, no presents.

-Maggi Idzikowski
Touchstone Cohousing, Ann Arbor, MI est 2006