Re: Artists' home for sale in Tierra Nueva Cohousing
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:28:34 -0700 (PDT)
I've been to Tierra Nueva and found it to be one of the most beautiful
cohousing communities I've ever visited. My image is of beautiful
homes nestled within a mature avocado grove on a hillside, with paths
meandering amongst the trees, the new landscaping, and their
attractive homes.

I was disappointed that PattyMarra was on vacation when I visited. I
heard such wonderful things about her during my visit. I gather that
she has had a very strong, positive impact on her community over the
yeras. Her art can be seen different places in the community and was
fondly pointed out by one of the folks who walked around with me
during the 3 days I was visited.

I did not have a chance to see her home, but visited several others
and they were very nice with some interesting features and design.

I also really liked the people at Tierra Nueva - both young and old.
As a Coho/US rep, the ones actively sought me out during my visit were
probably among the most passionate about their community. In learning
more of their lives, I was deeply impressed by how much some of them
had given of themselves to their community. I hope to visit again on a
future West Coast coho-adventure.

I grew up in Southern California, and now I live in Washington state.
The Tierra Nueva climate is somewhere in between these two ends of the
West Coast - not hot, not rainy. If I could pick up my whole
community, Songaia, and just trade locations with Tierra Nueva, I
would do so in a heart beat... I do think, however, that others here
(and there) would never come to consensus with this plan (grin).

Finally, I REALLY appreciate that a home's seller is looking for a
buyer who would be a good fit. Its so great when sellers care enough
about the folks and place they are leaving behind to show that type of
ongoing support.

Craig