Pet Policy - Can you share yours?
From: Judith Bush (jbushtogether.net)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:48:01 -0700 (PDT)
After nine years of experiencing life in community at Cobb Hill, in Hartland, VT we are still working on improvements to our Pet Policy. We've had a common rules and agreements document about animals (there are farm animals and household companion pets here) from the start, but it has needed revision based on experience. Now it is particularly our policy about outdoor cats that is being worked on. One focus has been setting a "social carrying capacity" that sets a limit on the number of outdoor cats allowed. If you are living in a community that has written guidelines and would be willing to share them, it might give us perspective that is useful. We wonder, among other things, what other communities say to prospective buyers of a house being sold if the number of cats (or dogs) in residence is at or beyond the new limit. If you prefer to reply off list, please email me (jbush [at] together.net) and Karyn Stack (ksilverstack [at] gmail.com), but your replies might also we useful to other communities grappling with this perennial issue. Judith Bush