Re: Cohousing dues vs. HOA dues
From: Diana E Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 04:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
We are in our first fiscal year here at Mosaic, so I don't know how we will handle it long term. For right now, we are handling it all through the HOA. We were advised by our accountant that as long as at least 90% of our revenue comes from assessments, other forms of income (up to 10%) won't have tax implications. We have carefully kept non-assessment income (which includes cohousing dues, laundry fees and storage rentals) below 10%. It might be in the future that we will spin off a separate entity to do this, but for right now, that's how we handle it.

- Diana