Re: Open Source Policies and more
From: Judith Bush (jbushtogether.net)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 06:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
A company selling modular parts such as Cecile describes exists in NH. It's been around for 40 years. Check out the website for Shelter Kit (www.shelter-kit.com). Shelter Kit helps people design structures of all sizes, and recently emphasizes green technology. It aims for a ready to put-together product, co-designed with the buyer, that arrives on your site in shape for owners to construct the building without need for heavy equipment or even prior building experience. Many years ago, I visited the modest plant, which is in the small town of Tilton. It has the potential for helping with some of the affordability issue in cohousing design and construction. I see from the site that in Fall 2009 and January 2010 it was featured in some national publications, so it is definitely going strong. Judith