Re: "Community guests" in CH guest rooms
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:27:14 -0700 (PDT)
We often have "community guests"...visitors from other cohousing groups,
prospective buyers, etc.

I believe we charge $20 a night.  (Residents get 5 nights per year "free"
for their guests and pay $10 per night for over that.)

We've never discussed having different rules for them.  Our rules are pretty
minimal for the guest, anyway. (The host is required to clean up the room,
wash the linens, etc.  When a community guest is there, we try to get a
volunteer to be their "host".)  We've never had a problem that I'm aware of
with guests acting in an inappropriate way that would make us enact rules.
What we do is provide information to help them understand how things work.
(Guest towels are stored here, kitchen is there, rinse out your dishes and
leave them next to the sink, watch out the water in the main bathroom takes
a long time to heat up, etc.)

To my knowledge, all our guests have been gracious and well-behaved!

- Diana