Re: Energy Sources now and in the Future
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
I have no doubt that many of the powers-that-be wish to emphasize the
continuing, possibly even perpetual importance of fossil fuels, particularly
oil and natural gas.  But to the extent we insist on these resources as
critical to our economic future ...
   (a) we will support dictatorships, and bomb third world countries, to ensure
access to "affordable" supplies; and
   (b) we will extract CO2 from the ground (placed there a by several  years of
photosynthesis), and put it back in the sky where it came from, returning our
worldwide ecology to something closer to the atmospheric conditions of the
Paleozoic.  (When it was hot, and hard to breathe.)

R Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Cohousing
Cambridge, MA