Re: Energy Sources now and in the Future
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
CoHo and RPD

Not to worry--technology (air-conditioning, etc.) will save us!

On the other hand, one searches in vain (at least I do) for the causes (Fred Flintstone) and effects of the Paleozoic climate--(oceanic currents/circulation, "explosion" of plant life, etc.). We could get hysterical about hysteresis, and no doubt human folly is in some part responsible for increases in atmospheric CO2, but the buffering effects of photosynthetic organisms may be an important element in the equation too. An excellent reason for not buying teak, mahogany, and other products that require the destruction of tropical forests, perhaps one of the most important CO2 sinks (the cheapest, easiest form of sequestration, just not technological?) in the world.

WT

"Technological progress is like an axe [machine-gun, ad nauseam] in the hands of a pathological criminal." --Albert Einstein

----- Original Message ----- From: "R Philip Dowds" <rpdowds [at] comcast.net>