What has been your experience with a flip tax, a.k.a. community equity tax?
From: Grace Horowitz (gracetakomavillage.org)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:45:12 -0800 (PST)
I am planning to move into a new cohousing community where the issue of a
flip tax, also called a community equity tax is being carefully considered.

I thought it would useful to know what experience other cohousing
communities have had with such a tax. Do you have one in place now? How is
it structured? Are people satisfied with how the tax works and the revenue
it has generated for your community?

Or did you consider such a tax, but could not reach consensus on any
proposal?

Or did you once have a tax, but then decided to discontinue it?

Thank you for any input you can give.

Grace