Re: personal storage in common house
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 13:24:48 -0800 (PST)
At Cambridge Cohousing, an urban development with  41 units on 1.33 acres,
we began with group storage areas based on the location of your unit (each
co-group apportioning space within the group).   But when that led to much
storage creep and no room for new resident's stuff when units changed
hands, we spent much time finding a new arrangement.  We now have built
lovely shelves in our basement storage space and each unit has a designated
space assigned to it according to a complicated formula based on the size
of the unit.  This new arrangement works.  It may have been easier to
assign spaces at the beginning, but then we would have missed all the fun
and countless hours spent redesigning it.

Diane (Cambridge Cohousing)