Re: personal storage in common house
From: bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:24:24 -0800 (PST)
     Oh, also I forgot to mention that none of the storage spaces at Swans have
individual locking doors all though the basement storage spaces have wooden
walls but the front is open.  The basement is quite secure from outsiders.  The
workshop has a locking door for the whole room but not for smaller spaces and
the garage spaces are open.  In theory the garage door closes it off from the
street but in practice we have had some problems with people forgetting to
close the door after they drive out which leaves whatever folks have stored
there vulnerable to predation by passers-by.  I myself have a garage space
close the the garage door and have had a supping cart I kept there stolen.
                 Bonnie Fergusson
                 Swans Market Cohousing
                 Oakland, CA

Sent from my iPad