Re: Annual budget increases & capital improvements
From: drmaryanngroups (drmaryanngroupsmac.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:34:10 -0800 (PST)
Our Board is titular (holding or constituting a purely formal position or title
without any real authority). They "rubber stamp" decisions made by the
community at our Plenary sessions. These decisions are reflected in their
minutes which are based on the much more extensive minutes of our Plenaries.

They are not given any regular power. They serve as our representatives to the
state for reporting purposes. (A member of the board needs to sign official
paperwork for example.)When we were involved in a lawsuit a couple of year ago,
the lawyer insisted that the board participate in the mediation session. They
were given the authority to do so by the community.

Mary Ann
Manzanita Village where our new hoop garden is starting to take shape and the
gardeners are anxious to begin planting