Re: Exit Signs and Other Ugly Things
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 06:11:12 -0700 (PDT)
On 12 Mar 2012, at 11:12 AM, Bryan Bowen wrote:

> Anyway, egress lighting (not necessarily fire sprinkler
> plans, that's a different story) is part of the architect's scope of work
> and should be in their drawings (or those of their electrical engineer) and
> shouldn't require any decision making from the community.

We are redecorating the CH and one sign is damaged, so if there are any
alternative choices, we would like to make them. When our walls are painted
beautiful Arts and Craft colors the muted tones won't go well with the bright
red and white.

Thanks to Diane for this link. It confirms my earlier  point about reading the
code. I need to check for DC specifically but neither red nor green are
required. 6" letters, ¾" strokes, high contrast between lettering and ground.
Since these are cool heat, I think they might be painted and still be luminous.
A cream ground with a muted dark green letters would function just as well and
not be glaring at us 24/7.

http://www.theexitstore.com/regulations.htm

Sharon
----