Re: Finding General Contractors
From: Kay Wilson Fisk (kwilsonfiskcomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 21:05:32 -0800 (PST)
We selected a contractor who had developed a prize-winning
neighborhood in our area, and whom the banks loved. He served as
a "consultant" and lined up our general contractor for us.

The other advice we took was from our realtor, who advised that
we choose a name that would make us sound like any other
condominium - he rightly presumed that the banks around here
would baulk at anything called "cohousing." Even so, we found
only one bank willing to finance us, and then only because the
branch manager went to bat for us with his board of directors.
Thus: "Meadow Wood Condominium." The name was a let-down, but it
worked.

Kay Wilson
www.mwcondo.com