Finding General Contractors
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:35:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone in coho-land!

What process do you use to find general contractors for various building improvement and repair processes? I'm assuming you do not go to www.switchboard.com and type in "general contractor." Do you use an RFP process? Get it done through your management company? Ask a local architect? Funnel requests through the design committee? Talk to friends and neighbors? We're trying to find a general contractor to manage various projects for us and would like to know how other cohousing communities do it.

Diane Simpson
Jamaica Plain Cohousing, Boston MA 02130
http://www.jpcohousing.org/