Bylaw amendments
From: Pam Gilchrist (pamdtbprojects.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 08:20:54 -0700 (PDT)
Our Sand River bylaws use a condominium template which we are in the process of amending to state (in part) "...to the extent allowed by law and the HOA governing documents, the Sand River Community makes decisions by consensus using...". And "...A proposal can come to a vote if consensus cannot be reached within three meetings, and the three levels of consensus and closing options have been used....".

Laws vary by states, but are there other cohousing communities who would share their experience amending bylaws to insert the consensus process with a fall back voting option?

Pam Gilchrist